Rating Scale

Painful
Weak
Good
I Subscribed
Subscribe Now!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The Gomem Show

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

God bless the United Kingdom, and in particular its inhabitants who mine the podsafe music network as though edible precious metals and world peace could be found there. The Gomem show posts regularly, and the episodes tend to be between 45 minutes and an hour in length. Personally, that's a little long for me. After about a half hour of unfamiliar territory, I tend to switch off the podcasts and shuffle the songs I've loaded into my ipod, basking in the several hundred gems therein.

Host Mike Turner is very likable. I'm sure if I ever met him I'd buy him a drink and go on and on about how thrilled I am that he is devoting so much of his time to exposing relatively unknown musicians. If he in turn bought me a drink, and then I managed another, and possibly one more, I might have to tell him that the phony advertisements he includes in his cast are just not hitting the mark for me. False butt implants, queefing, and brands of wine geared towards one or another stereotypes (corn row merlot), succeed in being gross but fail to bring much more than a contrived chuckle.

I then might ask him to explain more about the Second Life online community, because as an outsider to this phenomenom I find myself lost at times during what might be very witty dialogue.

Naturally, at the end of the night, I'd get the last round and ask him to please tell me the name of the obscure Canadian songwriter from the early 70's that he featured some weeks ago. I would write this information down, which I should have done to begin with.

The Gomem Show

No comments: